Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Perhaps sometimes I like to look at things from a different perspective. Last weekend, it was a great day at the Aurora Farmers' Market & Artisan Fair. If you haven't noticed I had my lens on the Lost Boyz Riding Club. Smoothly, almost gliding into the park, with a...
dinosaurs
By K. Taylor, Aurora ON.  Spending my days with dinosaurs and my evenings at the Royal Court. We’re only starting out, but already I’ve spent this summer with some pretty shady characters. I’ve developed a taste for plotting and intrigue; backstabbing and even a touch of regicide....
Another great Canada Day Parade in the Town of Aurora, Ontario. It is always a wishful thinking that after that last parade float there will be one more. But, there are always fireworks later on. "I am grateful for the opportunities I have been...
Summer
By K. Taylor, Aurora ON.  Summer officially started with a bang last night. I mean hundreds of gorgeous, brilliant heart stopping bangs. Cascades of glitter, golden waterfalls and ruby explosions; a celebration of light swooping, sizzling and swirling into the night sky. Aurora really outdid itself this...
Flags
By K. Taylor, Aurora ON. Where Have All the Flags Gone? Right now; as I type these very words, Canada is hosting what could arguably be the biggest sporting event in the world. Yes we, the land of hockey, curling and lacrosse, are the proud hosts of...
Someone recognized me among all these thousands of people walking up and down Yonge Street during the annual Aurora Chamber Street Festival last weekend. I got myself an ice-cream cone. Vanilla to be exact. I asked for not too tall ice cream, I still had my photo...
Street Festival
Thousands of people, millions of footsteps ... Aurora Chamber Street Festival 2015, Yonge Street, June 7th, 2015.
Family Tradition
The Aurora Farmers' Market & Artisan Fair at the Town Park has become a family tradition for us, and perhaps not just for us. We visit many times during the summer along with many people we know and don't know. Enjoy!
Canadian Tire
By K. Taylor, Aurora ON. It’s nice to hear good news about Canadian Tire. Good news on a Friday night with a glass of wine in hand is even better. Good news on a fine Friday night with a glass of wine and the sun warming your...
Aurora Victoria Day Fireworks
Where in the Town of Aurora can you watch Victoria Day Fireworks? What's happening in the Town of Aurora during the Victoria Day long weekend this year?  Those are very good questions that I have asked myself many times. In fact we, as a family of three, were so curious...

Aurora Council Term 2018-2022

Town of Aurora

Town of Aurora 2019 Year in Review, My Perspective

Let me reflect on the Town of Aurora 2019 year in review from my perspective. I've decided to share below some of the highlights that caught my attention. Year...
Aurora Recreational Cannabis

Aurora Recreational Cannabis Economy Will Be Booming

Perhaps it is the science part of the political science field that fascinates me the most. When I graduated from engineering over 20 years ago I remember telling myself, no more tests....
Motor Vehicle Collision

CYFS Motor Vehicle Collision Cost-Recovery Program Roll-Out

Starting January 2020 the Central York Fire Services (CYFS) will be rolling out a 2-year Motor Vehicle Collision (MVC) cost-recovery pilot program that will allow CYFS to charge at-fault driver’s insurance company...
Canopy of Lights Aurora

Canopy of Lights – Approved Yes, Feasible Maybe

It has been about two or three years since the Christmas tree on St. John’s Sideroad, just West of Yonge Street, was last illuminated. Driving by many times I noticed that the...
Aurora Council

Aurora Council, Term 2018-2022, Installed and Working

It is hard to believe that I actually survived four years sitting at the Aurora Council meetings, at the Council Chambers and watched religiously Aurora General Committee, Council and Public Planning meetings....
844FansLike
480FollowersFollow
2,040FollowersFollow
30SubscribersSubscribe