Monday, May 10, 2021

Community

Aurora Victoria Day Fireworks
Where in the Town of Aurora can you watch Victoria Day Fireworks? What's happening in the Town of Aurora during the Victoria Day long weekend this year?  Those are very good questions that I have asked myself many times. In fact we, as a family of three, were so curious a few...
Aurora Youth Skateboard Park
New - Aurora Youth Skateboard Park. Aurora Youth Centre is now officially open to Aurora youth at the Aurora Family Leisure Complex as of May 2nd, 2015. Got a skateboard? Got a scooter? A new outdoor skateboard park in the Town of Aurora is part of the Youth Centre at...
Nimbyism
By K. Taylor, Aurora ON. Nimbyism? My husband still secretly pines for an oak tree. A big, beautiful, majestic oak tree. He’s leaning towards a red oak as he’s always loved them. We planted one at the old house, right out on the sprawling lawn of our post-war...
Crocuses
By K. Taylor, Aurora ON. I peeked outside today; nudged my head out the door; sniffed at the air like a groundhog with the world watching; and tentatively stole a step or two outside. The kids were already out there, basking in the warm rays of sun that spilled...
Kids Talk
Kids talk always puts smile on my face. All the things I can win, sounds like a line from Dr. Suess books. Living in today's media driven world heavily targeting children, sometimes I think that reading at a young age can be dangerous. But then the sooner the better, children will discover the concept of...
Old School
By K. Taylor, Aurora ON. Old school summer, anyone? Anyone? I woke up this morning to snow, and yet as the sun (who by all accounts did a lot of sleeping on the job this winter) finally yawned, poured herself a coffee and got to work; my thoughts turned...
Our son (soon to be seven years old) now knows that the price tag on toys and taxes. Thus he knows that price tag on the toys is not the actual price we pay at the cash register. He knows he has to pay 13% HST tax every time...
Aurora is Better
By K. Taylor, Aurora ON. Why Aurora is better than Florida? Have the streets seemed a little emptier to you lately? Have you noticed a decided drop in how many grumpy, grizzled faces glare across the icy expanse of the gas station; how very quiet everything seems? It can appear,...
Black Garbage Bags
By K. Taylor, Aurora ON. There has been a lot of conversation lately about the colour of our garbage bags (black garbage bags, clear bags); swirling in the air like the contents of my blue box on a windy Thursday. It took me by surprise at first; a debate...
Snowball
We anxiously waited for the bell to ring. Anxious for the greatest snowball fight. It wasn't a modern ring either. It sounded like a giant telephone ringing. Once it rang it echoed throughout the walls of my old elementary school back in late 70’s. The big flaked snow behind...

Latest Posts