Event for residents to learn more about Mayoral, Council and Trustee candidates by Aurora Chamber of Commerce was held on October 3rd, 2018. This Municipal Election Event was structured as follows: Councillor meet and greet, their pre-recorded campaign messages and Mayoral debate.
The following are Rapid Fire Questions from Aurora Chamber for the Aurora Mayoral Candidates, where green is for YES, red is for NO.
1. Did you/Do you support the reduction of the size of council to 6?
2. Do you support a ward system moving forward?
3. Do you think the current sign by-laws are too restrictive?
4. Do you think that the commitments to catering between Niagara College and the Town are fair to other commercial hospitality businesses in Aurora?
5. Do you support the present Library Square development plans?
6. Would you support a complete update of the zoning bylaws to ensure that our neighbourhoods are protected from incompatible development?
7. Would you consider retaining the Hallmark Site as Employment Lands?
8. Do you support the current holiday hours recently passed by the Region?
9. Do you support the creation of a BIA in the Downtown Core?
10. Do you support the retail operation of cannabis in Aurora?