Monday, May 10, 2021

Community

Survive Winter
Asking how to survive winter in the Town of Aurora with children is a bit of extreme. Perhaps I should ask this, what to do with children in the winter in the Town of Aurora? Since I have been actively spending more time outside during this winter, I have...
Aurora Farmers Market
Right after our breakfast almost every Saturday we are out of the house. Today we visited the indoor Aurora Farmers' Market & Artisan Fair at the Aurora Cultural Centre. We had plans for public skating at the Town Park but there was a bit too much snow. It looked like people...
By K. Taylor, Aurora ON.  I made an impulse purchase the other day. A cabbage. A gorgeous, enormous green cabbage. Who impulse buys a cabbage you may ask? Well, apparently that would be me. I just couldn’t help myself. The lovely pale apple green; the soft supple leaves; the freshness...
Arctic Adventure is the Aurora Family Day event celebrated at the Town Park each year. All the fun winter activities are geared mainly towards children. Lots of fun activities are guaranteed every year. No matter how cold it is every year we make a point to attend this event at the Town Park....
Joe Gorman
It was a long time ago. With awe I listened to Father Joe Gorman’s story while attending mass at Our Lady of Grace church. This was not just another sermon that I had to patiently sit through and occasionally wonder when it would end. Father Joe Gorman wasn’t the pastor of Our Lady of Grace...
I am convinced that what happened to Target Stores in Canada since opening in 2013 is going to be a new trend in the retail industry. If it doesn’t work – pull the plug immediately. Target Stores Canada aggressively set up 133 nationwide stores promising Canadians to ‘Expect More....
Aurora summers
By K. Taylor, Aurora ON. Winter has come to Aurora community and I am dreaming of an Aurora summers. The weather outside is not so much frightful as downright horrifying. It’s as if Jack Frost dug out his old Halloween costume and is terrorizing the shivering masses; reducing us...
Magic
By K. Taylor, Aurora ON. Impromptu magic on a patch of snowy ice. For most of the past week there was a hockey net in my living room. My son would take shots on it with his mini stick; hunkered on his knees, hunched over the thin plastic stick...
True Community
By K. Taylor, Aurora ON. I have a confession. I've lived in Aurora (on and off) for decades. I've lived in the south back when it was all new builds; garage after garage. Before the gorgeous trees took hold and it morphed into the leafy, green oasis that it is...
Santa Under the Stars Parade 2014 took place on November 22nd, 2014. When there is a bad weather all week long then the chances are that warm weather is coming. In Aurora, we had ups and downs in November but most of all we can only count blessings, like...

Latest Posts