I’m Anna Kroeplin, and I want to serve as a Councillor of Aurora. Through my professional path and volunteer career, I have acquired relevant knowledge, skills and experiences to be effective as a Councillor to lead, listen and learn.
My educational background includes earning 2 diplomas at college level (in PR and HR), and I have been in the workforce full-time for 30 years in municipal government.
I have been an avid volunteer in the community for over 18 years, currently serving on 4 Boards. Those include Past President of The Optimist Club, Co-chair of a Ratepayers Association, Board Member of the Aurora Soccer Club, and an Organizing Committee Member of 100 Women Who Care (Central York Region). On the weekends, I am the Aurora Farmer’s Market Manager, as I have served as its’ Chair, Co-chair and Secretary in the past. As an involved, caring resident of Aurora, I actively and continuously support the positive future of our community.
If elected, I would diligently focus on certain issues such as:
- Endorsing updates to the Zoning Bylaws pertaining to Stable Neighbourhoods to conform with the Official Plan as mandated by the Province;
- Ensuring that a Transportation Master Plan is completed that sets the future direction of responsible development, being consistent with Aurora’s growth management;
- Upholding the Strategic Plan’s recommendations by assessing all outstanding items;
- Monitoring timely advancements and results of the Official Plan’s many facets including the Promenade Plan, Cultural Master Plan & Growth Management Plan;
- Recommending strategies to preserve the character of older neighbourhoods;
- Supporting a Ward system that will improve communications by residents;
- Install and/or reintroduce crime prevention initiatives to secure safe communities.
I look forward to being part of the team that manages the future of Aurora.